Sunday 15 August 2010

My arrival to the world of blogging

Hi everyone,
I'm new to the blogging world, so I will introduce myself. My name is Megan, I'm studying French and German at Birmingham University and in just about two weeks time I shall be flying to Lyon to begin my year abroad. I am excited but also very very nervous. I foolishly left all the paperwork to the last minute, which led to me getting the biggest earful of my life from my parents, and then several weeks of stressing trying to get all the forms filled in and sent off. I also have to sort out the German paperwork before I go to France, which will make the next two weeks even more stressful. Oh the joys! I think the most difficult part of preparing for Lyon, besides dealing with French bureaucracy, which is the BIGGEST nightmare I have ever had, will be trying to decide what clothes to take. I will be living in a studio flat in a private hall, which means that my wardrobe is absolutely tiny. Not helpful. D-Day, so to speak, is Thursday the 26th of August. 11 days and counting! You may ask, am I scared? That would be the understatement of the century!
Watch this space for news of how my life as a Lyonnaise develops!

No comments:

Post a Comment