Monday 11 February 2013

I hate Sundays.

Hi again! It's been a couple of weeks, and not much has happened but I do have one thing that I want to talk about. Sundays. I know everyone always moans about how much they hate Mondays, but Sundays are honestly the worst day of the week. They drag by annoyingly slowly. Admittedly, Sundays in the UK aren't nearly as horrifically boring as Sundays in Europe, where there is literally nothing to do because EVERYTHING is closed. Anyway, I always find myself being unbelievably lazy on Sundays, even if I fully intend to get loads of work done. I don't know what it is about Sundays, I just never have any motivation. 

The other horrible thing about Sundays is public transport. For some reason, engineering works on the railways always happen on Sundays. Inconvenient much? I came home from university yesterday and it was so stressful. I got to my local train station to find that trains to Birmingham were leaving from the opposite platform. Unhelpful considering the fact that I had to lug my suitcase around! The other annoying thing was actually my fault; I had to buy another ticket because I forgot to bring my booking reference with me. What a waste of 20 quid. 

I realise I sound like a grumpy old lady, moaning about everything. Haha. Some good things that happened over the past couple of weeks are:

Anton and Erin go to Hollywood 

On the 2nd of February, my mum came up to Birmingham and we went to see Anton and Erin from Strictly Come Dancing's show. The tickets were a birthday present from my dad :) They danced to songs from classic Hollywood shows, and I really enjoyed it. Erin wore loads of really pretty dresses. She always gives me major dress envy! I wish I had the figure to wear the kind of dresses that the ladies wear on Strictly. My favourite bits were when Anton and Erin did little comedy interludes in between the dances. I wasn't expecting this at all, I just thought it would be them doing a selection of dances. I did not know they could be so funny! Anton kept making jokes about his terrible history of partners on Strictly, which was great. At one point he did a duet of Me and My Shadow with Lance Ellington, one of the singers from the Strictly Come Dancing band. It was brilliant, so much better than the cringey version that he did with Bruce Forsyth a couple of years ago. 

Fun times with the UMS

On Saturday just gone, the music society at my uni ran a concert for the UN World Food Programme. This was really enjoyable. As someone who plays in the university windband, it was weird sitting on the other side of the stage! I nearly cried at the Chamber Choir's rendition of "The Rose". Afterwards I went to a pub quiz run by the UMS. My team came second! The announcement of the results was the most tense moment ever, we were so sure we were going to win, but we missed out on the top spot by one point. One point! We did win some cool consolation prizes though, including a big bag of Haribo and some chocolates. 

Well, that's about it from me, chat again soon, if I haven't died from essay overload.

Megan xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment